Friday, October 3, 2008

Unexpected Visitors

Didn't I just blog about being the pit-stop on travels from the Northwest to Salt Lake City? Well, it happened again. Yesterday about 5 pm, I got a phone call from Uncle Bob, you know he's married to Ryan's Aunt Carol. He said they were driving home from Seattle and would like to stop and see us. They were about an hour west of here. We ended up having them sleep on our sofa bed, since Uncle Bob was starting to see double and Aunt Carol didn't think she could drive the rest of the way home last night.

Our kids absolutely loved having a new audience to impress. Sabrina played every song she knows on the violin and read Anne of Green Gables. Roderic talked impressively about Wallace and Gromit, Star Wars and Legos and dragged Aunt Carol (literally) on a tour of our house. Hyrum called Uncle Bob "Papa" and Aunt Carol "Mama."

Happily, our carpets were freshly cleaned (which also means that our rooms were clean!) and I only had to borrow one can of olives from my neighbor for dinner (we had tacos).



They didn't even mind watching the Vice-Presidential Debate (and follow-up commentary) with us.



And here is a picture that Aunt Carol drew of Uncle Bob using the Doodle Pro.

3 comments:

Noelle said...

Very impressive drawing!

I'm glad you were able to entertain and put your best foot forward. Who knows, maybe I'll drop in on you one day!

The Fieldings said...

Man, you are Prepared! Freshly cleaned carpets and everything! I need to get some pointers on how you do it with three kids to chase after as well.

Malauna said...

Well, the carpets were freshly cleaned due to our recent success in getting Roderic to use the toilet regularly. And Noelle, I'd welcome your visit any day!