These two boys of mine would sure like a dog. Roderic with Buddy at Grandma Christensen's house (who was being watched while Uncle Jason and Aunt Shanda were at DisneyWorld). Hyrum with Toto at Grandma Gibby's house.
Rain mixed with snow fell in Boise on Friday night. Ryan was at Stake Young Men Retreat (I mean camp out) in Garden Valley, so it was just me and the kids. The snow falling was really beautiful. It reminded me of last month when Ryan had a camp out on the first weekend that it had rained in months. They cancelled all of the soccer games that weekend, so I was expecting them to do it again this weekend (even though EVERYONE knows that soccer games are only cancelled due to lightening). They weren't cancelled. Sabrina's game was at 9 am. It was foggy. And cold. If the girls kicked the ball with the right spin, the ball would stop and spin on the snow until someone stopped it. The game ended in a tie 0-0. Tessa asked if she could come with us to watch the game, so we brought her along. I think she had 5 layers of shirts/sweaters on. Roderic's game was at 11 am. The snow had melted by then and the fog was gone, but the grass was SO wet. He didn't like it. His feet were wet and cold. His game also ended in a tie 3-3. He scored a goal (for the other team).
At one point during Sabrina's game, Roderic wandered far enough away that I needed to go get him, so I asked my friend Jeanette to hold Hyrum. He didn't make a peep, but this was how his face looked:
Ryan bought a steam juicer yesterday morning, so we finished juicing the grapes we brought home from his parents' house and the ones off of our vine. Lets just say that this process is much nicer because we have an hour (while the fruit steams) to work on other things. (Unlike Tuesday afternoon when we were working for hours and hours on end and when we took a break from grapes, no more progress was made.) We got 32 quarts put up yesterday and another 12 on Tuesday. Fresh grape juice tastes delicious! Good purchase Ryan!
Roderic has become obsessed with chess, and it is affecting the whole family. Tonight while we were finishing cooking dinner, this is how the kids occupied themselves.
6 comments:
Thanks for the ramblings Malauna. I love hearing about your family. I'm sure looking forward to your post about this upcoming weekend! Fine, I'm looking forward to the weekend myself.
Hey, love. I know why no one has responded--until Shanda. (Why'd you have to beat me to it by just minutes, Shanda?) It's because you mentioned killing poor, innocent roosters for no other reason than their inconvenience. That's so beyond politically correct, that it's turned your blog-viewing public speechless.
Not sure why they didn't mention our budding genious children, though. Check out that practiced concentration! And the Fisher Price figure on Hyrum's chess board...
Hey, I'm impressed with the chess! I can't even play. And the grape juicer is a great idea, especially if you have grapes of your own to use. I liked the chicken palace! Those birds live well! (Except the roosters...) :)
so here is my comment. I am glad I am not a soccer mom. that is too cold for me. =>
Post a Comment