On my last night in Portland, Milaka invited me to attend "Chorus" with her. Doug was willing to watch my 3 children and put them to bed, yippee!She is a member of Pride of Portland, a womens a cappella chorus that sing Barbershop. It was amazing. The director was so fun to watch and sing for. He had a way to make you want to sing better. We rehearsed the three songs they're working on for the international competition this fall. I was Milaka's shadow, and stood by her the whole time, even when the assignments were changed. I had a hard time falling asleep that night because I had so much adrenaline from the good music.
I do want to be a member of Sweet Adelines International and sing in a Barbershop chorus. Perhaps I can have that happen sooner, than later. I'm glad my mom introduced my sisters and I to the wonderful world of Barbershop singing. It is nice to have a part of my own. As Milaka told the ladies who asked at chorus, having us sing together in a quartet is the way that our mom got us to get along when we were younger.
3 comments:
I agree. Barbershop singing is fun. I think it is time for us girls to learn another song. Any suggestions? Too bad the chorus in Boise isn't more accomodating!
I have just come across a prospective chorus in Meridian that has rehearsals on Tuesday nights. I've sent them an email to learn more!
My chorus is having our regional competition on April 12. It will be my first. I'm a little nervous. Tomorrow is our dress rehearsal. I know, it's General Conference, but I'll catch what I missed on the internet. Your mom got me started in barbershop too! I hope you find a good chorus soon.
Post a Comment