Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Days of Thanksgiving 9

Happy Veteran's Day!

1. I am so very thankful for the men and women who serve our country daily in the armed forces!

2. I am thankful for these 3 veterans in particular:

My grandpa, Glen H Christensen
he served in the army in Italy during WWII, leaving his wife and baby girl at home

My grandpa, Theodore W C Bateman
he served in the army during WWII and was on a boat on his way to Japan when the Japanese surrendered

My dad, Glen Earl Christensen
he served in the army in Vietnam leaving my mom and 2 children at home

3. Most of all, I am thankful that these 3 veterans came back home. That is why I'm alive today; because they came home.

1 comment:

Dad Gibby said...

Thank you Malauna!

These thoughts have been very good for me. Way to go girl. I'm with you on these very precious "Thanks!"

Love, Dad Gibby